Friday, May 4, 2007

A Couple Links For Your Weekend Leisure.

Both of these links are from Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner over at the Freakonomics blog. If you haven't read the book -- you need to. I own about 10 books (I also own 4 game systems, which helps explain why I only own 10 books), 6 of which I read. Freakonomics is the only book I would read twice. I didn't... But me owning it, reading it, and wanting to read it again shows just how entertaining/interesting the book is.

Secondly, if you don't read their blog -- you need to.

Now, on to the links.

First, a post by Dubner: Poker: Skill vs. Chance

My take: Poker is definitely not a game of luck. Luck seems to always squeak its way in, but there's definitely a reason the pros you see on TV - are pros you see on TV - and it's not luck. The reason they always win? If I knew, I'd be a pro you see on TV.


I am defintely looking forward to Dubner's pokernomics outcome.

The second link: The Jock Exchange. This link is from a short Levitt post. Michael Lewis discusses the possibilities of purchasing stock in athletes. It's something to keep an eye on.

For those who don't know, Michael Lewis is the author of Moneyball. A book I do not own, but I have in my possession. I haven't read it yet, though. From what everyone tells me - I need to.

No comments: